Christina Aguilera – I Turn To You

Joaquin

Administrator
Teammitglied
1. Januar 2009

Der ehemalige Disney Club Star Christina Aguilera hier mit ihrem Song “I Turn To You”.

http://www.myvideo.de/movie/3114785

“I Turn to You” is a pop/R&B song written by Diane Warren in 1996. The original version of the song was recorded that year by R&B quartet All-4-One for the soundtrack album to the Warner Bros. film Space Jam. Three years later, American pop singer Christina Aguilera recorded a cover version, produced by Guy Roche, for her debut album, Christina Aguilera. Released in the spring of 2000 as the album’s third single, the single peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 for 4 weeks, becoming Aguilera’s third Top 10 hit. The single also peaked at #19 in the UK and #40 in Australia.

Song information

The lyrics of “I Turn to You” are an ode from the narrator to a person who helps them find the proverbial light in the rain when she is lost or losing ground. The single is written with the theme of thanking a parental figure (her mother) (as evidenced by the music video produced for Aguilera’s version.) However, the song’s lyrics are ambiguous enough to where the lyrics can apply to a lover, a friend, or another family member.

The song was re-written in Spanish, and titled “Por Siempre Tú” (English: Forever You), for Aguilera’s first Spanish-language album, Mi Reflejo.

Music Video

The direction of both videos for I Turn To You and Por Siempre Tú remain somewhat of a mystery. At the time of release MTV in the U.S. had the director listed as Rupert C. Almont, however the inlay for the DVD Deluxe Editon of Keeps Gettin’ Better – A Decade of Hits lists the director as Richard C. Allen. Both are rumoured to be alias for top director Joseph Kahn.

Track listings

* I Turn To You [US Single]

1. I Turn To You [Music Intro][Radio Edit] – 4:04
2. Por Siempre Tú – 4:03

* I Turn To You [UK Single]

1. I Turn To You [Radio Edit] – 3:59
2. I Turn To You [Music Intro][Radio Edit] – 4:04
3. What A Girl Wants [Thunderpuss Fiesta Edit] – 3:27
4. What A Girl Wants [Thunderpuss Dirty Radio Mix] – 3:16

* I Turn To You [Mexican Single]

1. I Turn To You [Radio Edit] – 3:59
2. I Turn To You [Music Intro][Radio Edit] – 4:04
3. Por Siempre Tú – 4:03
4. What A Girl Wants [Thunderpuss Fiesta Edit] – 3:27
5. What A Girl Wants [Thunderpuss Dirty Radio Mix] – 3:16

Chart success

Following the number-one successes of Aguilera’s two previous singles, “Genie in a Bottle” and “What a Girl Wants”, “I Turn to You” peaked at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 and number five on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. Internationally, the same trend of the single performing weaker on the charts than her previous two was shown as the song failed to even reach the top-forty in most countries. The single was a flop outside the US and couldn’t even enter in many European Top20 charts.

Oben